Being Beautiful

If what you dream of has already occurred, what would you be feeling? Remember your answer to this when you step out the door every morning and put it into action. Beauty is contagious and it comes not only from the outside, but from the inside. Take pride in who you are, where you come from, and where you are going. You never know who you will inspire, comfort, or motivate. We are one another's largest influence. Your perception to the world is important. Just think, you may be the only book someone will ever read. What message do you want leave?

Friday, March 4, 2011

Perfect Timing

Have you ever been at a place in your life where you know that at that very moment, you are exactly where you are supposed to be? You feel this overwhelming sense of peace and accomplishment. Everything is right about where you are, what you have, and who you are with. You feel like your search is complete and your heart is finally fulfilled. I've been at this place a few times in my life, but there is one moment that seems to really stand out where something changed from being so perfect to being such a disaster. I kept asking myself if I created this disillusion of euphoria or if there was something deeper that I couldn't see past. Sometimes we just "know" when a situation or circumstance is right, I truly believe that. But when it changes or slips away from us, we question our sanity. We question if we were genuinely feeling our place in the world or if we were falsely creating it. Have you ever met someone or been in a situation where you can see that things would have really worked out if it was the right "time"? In a sense, I think we have more control over that concept of the right "time" than most of us allow ourselves to believe. For me, I was once at a place in my life where I had really worked on myself (whatever that can really mean) and reached out to the world to achieve what I "knew" was going to be that ultimate reward we all search for in this life. I was in a place that I knew I was meant to be. My hard work in overcoming a multitude of life issues and self doubt was finally starting to resolve and I was where I knew I wanted to be. I felt as though I took all the textbook steps to get there and that this was my destiny. I felt that the universe was on my side. I did the work, I get the reward. It sounds simple and ideal right? Well that's what I thought until it was completely ripped away from me. I had taken all the right steps to get to where I wanted to be and now it's nothing shy of a disaster.I'm not being over dramatic here either. I really went from a place of well earned contentment and happiness to a real life crisis episode. I walked around thinking, "what did I do to deserve this?" I was in a desperate state of self pity, which was extremely unattractive. I was so confused and I went through a phase of self doubt again because I knew I did everything carefully and with a purpose. The funny this is, I got through it, I moved on, and I found even more substance in life. I lived through more experiences that has helped me really develop even more of who I am. I have learned that I will always be growing and changing. The work we put into ourselves should never stop. We will never be "fixed". I may have felt like I was at the right place and everything was perfect,but what I was lacking was the understanding that life isn't predictable. It doesn't come with an owners manual of how to overcome things that break. The only way to get through life is to be accepting of change. I was taught a lesson when all slipped away from me. I was taught to really open my eyes and see the world in a more realistic light, not just a rose colored light. I am currently in a place where I am about to have this life that I once thought was so right and perfect, back. Sometimes things do work out. And sometimes when you feel like you are where you are supposed to be, it's because you really are. Listen to yourself. And don't doubt yourself. When something goes wrong, don't try to fix it and figure out what caused it, learn from it and move on. When you accept where you are and how you got there, you'll manifest the abundance and prosperity that you craved in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment